Introducing: FeedSpider! Supporting Feedly, The Old Reader, InoReader, BazQux Reader, Tiny Tiny RSS, and OwnCloud News
Following the shutdown of Google Reader on July 1, 2013, this is a fork of SemicolonApps' excellent (and unfortunately no longer supported) Google Reader app Feeder to create a client that is compatible with Feedly's API, The Old Reader's beta API, InoReader's API, BazQux Reader's API, Tiny Tiny RSS's API, AOL Reader's API, and OwnCloud News' API. Now, webOS, LuneOS, and Firefox OS users can again sync their RSS Feeds across all of their devices.
What works? All the basics:
- Loading Subscriptions
- Reading Articles
- Marking articles as read/unread
- Marking all articles in a subscription as read/unread
- Sharing via email/sms/Twitter/Facebook
- Adding/Removing Subscriptions
- Staring or Liking items
- [InoReader and Tiny Tiny RSS] Sharing items via the Shared feed.
What doesn't work yet:
- [LuneOS] Login to AOL Reader and Feedly
- [AOL Reader, The Old Reader, Feedly, OwnCloud News, and BazQux Reader] Sharing items via the Shared feed. This is also a limitation of the API and cannot be fixed until the API is updated.
- [The Old Reader, InoReader, and BazQux Reader] Logging in via your Google/Facebook account (OAuth). Again, limitation of the API. At the moment, you can set a password in the web interface and log in using that.
- Searching your feeds.
- [Feedly on webOS 1.4.5 only] Cannot delete folders, unsubscribe from feeds, or unstar items. Also, must re-login every week or so. This is due to the version of webkit used by 1.4.5. Later versions work correctly.
- [OwnCloud News on webOS 1.4.5 only] Cannot delete folders or unsubscribe from feeds. This is due to the version of webkit used by 1.4.5. Later versions work correctly.
As the APIs mature, the app will be updated to support all of these things. In the meantime, enjoy your news feeds!